Discover the Loire
The most beautiful places to visit in the Loire
From the plateaux of the Hautes-Chaumes to the gorges of the Loire, your walks and hikes will take you from characterful village to picturesque hamlet.
A paradise for outdoor sports enthusiasts, the Forez mountains are also home to heritage gems such as the Marcilly Talaru stronghold in Chalmazel and the traditional farmhouse of the Fourme cheese museum in Sauvain.
Things to do in the Loire
If you’re a lover of the great outdoors, nature and leisure activities, you’re sure to enjoy your holiday in the Loire Valley! Here you can enjoy tree climbing, forest adventure courses, via ferrata, hiking and mountain biking. Your vacation at Camping Paradis du Val de Coise will also be an opportunity to sail on France’s largest river, the Loire.
Are you a thrill-seeker? Try your handat water sports! From local museums to the châteaux of Forez, there’s plenty to see and do during your stay in the Loire.
Don’t miss a day in Saint-Etienne to stroll, shop, visit cultural highlights such as the Musée d’Art et d’Industrie, or attend the biennale du design!
Must-see sites in the Loire region
On vacation at Camping Paradis du Val de Coise, you are ideally located for discovering the must-see tourist attractions in the Loire:
- The Badoit spring in Saint-Galmier and a visit to the factory
- The Le Corbusier site in Firminy
- The Château de Bouthéon, its unusual interiors, aquarium, ponds and animal park
- The Saint-Galmier rose garden and mini-farm
- The Couriot Mine Museum Park
- Geoffroy-Guichard stadium, the legendary home of the Greens, and its soccer museum
- The Saint-Victor nautical base on the Loire River
Among many other natural treasures, architectural gems and family sites to delight young and old alike!